Establishing a Company Guide in Turkey
Reference: Presidency of the Republic of Turkey Investment office www.invest.gov.tr
BRANCHES OF FOREIGN COMPANIES
For the commercial enterprises which their centers are abroad, their branches in Turkey, without prejudice to the provisions of the laws of their own countries trade title, are registered as domestic commercial enterprises. A full authorized commercial representative is assigned for these branches whose residential is in Turkey. If the commercial enterprise has more than one branch, the branches to be opened after the registration of the first branch are registered as the branches of domestic commercial enterprises.
For the registration of a foreign company’s branch in Turkey, the documents to be submitted to the relevant trade registry directorates are as follows:
- A letter from the competent authority and its Turkish translation showing that; the requirements of the law of the origin country, where the company headquarters is located, that is required for the registration is fulfilled, and the documents to be submitted for the registration of the branch
- All documents required for the registration of the branch in the origin country
- A certified copy of the documents containing the company’s current registry records and the company contract, and one Turkish translated copy for each
- The original copy of the decision of the company’s authorized body, about opening branch, and the appointment of full authorized Turkish resident represantative to company, and a copy of Turkish translation
- The original decleration signed by the the company center authoritatives, and a copy of its Turkish translation, that includes, company’s trade name, type, subject of operation, type and amount of capital, date of establishment, registration number, the law to which it is subject, whether it is a member of the European Union, the website, the title of the branch and the amount of capital allocated to the branch, name, surname, ID No, and residential of the person or persons, who is full-authorized to represent the branch against private and public institutions including the courts, and the address of the branch.
- If the person or persons, who is full-authorized to represent the branch against private and public institutions including the courts in Turkey and powers conferred on them is not specified in the branch opening decision, the original copy of the power of attorney on this issue and a copy of its Turkish translation.
- Signature declarations of the persons who will represent the branch
- For branches that are subject to the approval or appropriate statement of the Ministry of Trade or other official institutions, the letter of approval or appropriate statement